Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Miracle of Diet and Exercise...Before and After





















When I was married 18 years ago, I was nice and trim. Then, working full-time and in the bliss of newly wedded life, I packed on quite a bit of weight in a short period of time (about 50 pounds in 9 months....I don't know how I did that really). The fact that "stretchy pants" were "in" didn't help. Then I became pregnant with Josh before I lost the weight, and even though I didn't gain much weight while pregnant, I kept it all on after I had him. This picture of Josh (his 2nd birthday) and me is probably at my heaviest at around 200 pounds. Embarrassing. I tried now and again to lose weight and I did lose, but then would gain it back. In 2004 I decided enough was enough! I had to put myself first and take time to care for myself. I started my diet in April and lost 65 pounds by October. I now do "maintenance" diets every year so I don't ever get "heavy" again. This April marks 5 years since I started that diet. I do have to stay on top of my weight because I do love to cook and food is just so yummy! But, I have determined to never be heavy again... so as I write this I am on one of my maintenance diets! Good luck to all of you who are trying to lose weight or just stay healthy! You can do it!!!

3 comments:

snakeriverwalton said...

you look so great! I'm jealous but working on it too. It's so fun to see pictures of your family after all this time. I'm glad you blog- I'm completely addicted.

Lauralee said...

Becky, You look beautiful. I'm so inspired and impressed with your will power.

Your family looks happy and well. I can't believe Josh is so grown up. Soon you will have a missionary. Wow!

Jay and I love you and Ben. You are dear to our hearts!

*A* said...

Becky thank you for that post and GOOD JOB!! I'm at my heaviest right now and it makes me SICK. I used to be a skinny minny 135lbs until I was about 27 years old...not too long ago and now look at me:( I just need to get done with having my kids and then I swear I'm going to get back down. MARK MY WORDS :-) you look amazing!!!