Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back to healthy eating!

So, Christmas is over and that means we are now back to healthy eating (umm...diet). I make my families favorite wheat bread every week now. There is NO white flour whatsoever in the bread and no fat added (I use applesauce instead of butter). It is delicious and the house smells wonderful when it is baking!!! Here is the recipe:
Whole Wheat Bread
2 Tbls yeast
5 C very warm water
7-8 C Whole wheat flour
2/3 C Honey
2/3 C Applesauce
2 Tbls Salt (optional)
Proof the yeast. Add honey, applesauce, yeast and then add wheat alternating with water. Add additional wheat flour as necessary to make the dough not sticky yet pliable, add the salt. Knead for 5 minutes. Make 3-4 loaves with the dough and place in greased bread pans. Let rise for 1 hour. Bake at 350* for 35 minutes. Yummy...enjoy!!!


4 comments:

Bearden Family said...

I am so glad you left a comment, so I could find your blog. Okay, I need the recipe for that bread. It looks so good and since I can't have sugar or white flour I think it sounds great.

Huntington Home said...

I think you might have to add the recipe now that you showed how yummy it is!!! Really I would love it if you have time~~
I hope you don't mind I found you?

*A* said...

You are the BEST cook EVER!!!! You should put a book together and sell it...I WOULD BE THE FIRST IN LINE TO BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-)

snakeriverwalton said...

I can't wait to try this recipe.